Thursday, March 31, 2011

Growing, Going, and Girls


 
Each day with Gabriel now brings something fun and new. He has really been a good little boy lately. He's content to sit and play with a toy, and LOVES to play in his exersaucer! He's noticing and grabbing at everything, and laughs every day. I can't believe how much he is growing and changing.
His favorite place to play- besides Mommy and Daddy's laps of course!

Last week we decided to try giving him some rice cereal. He opened wide like a little birdie, and smiled the entire time! I think he really liked it.


Mmmmm...Yummy!
 Since gobbling up his first serving though, he hasn't really been interested. I guess we'll just try again after a little more time goes by.

Cereal or not, this boy has been making good use of all the food going into his fat belly. He shot out of his 0-3 month clothing (at 4 months), and doesn't really have any growing room left in the new 3-6 month sleepers I bought him. I swear he grew 3 inches overnight! It's a good thing too, because he's only been growing wide for some time now. I kept telling him that if he didn't start growing long ways that he was going to be a square!

Gabriel and I have been on the go quite a bit lately. He loves to be out and about, so I try to take him visiting or just on a stroll at least every other day or so. It's so refreshing to get out of the house, and he really does enjoy it. He has started staying awake on our car rides more often, and gets very excited when I turn on the tunes. He sings along most of the time now (even though he never seems to get the words right!) and it's all I can do to keep my eyes on the road instead of watching him in his backseat mirror. He just melts my heart.

Last weekend, we got together with all the other couples from our childbirth class for a little reunion. It was so fun hearing everyone's birth stories and getting to see all the babies! We ended our little party by lining up all the babies for pictures. Here's a picture of the group in order of birth.


Chase, Blaise, Ethan, Naomi, Gabriel, Parker, and Isaiah
We got quite a few laughs watching them react to one another. Gabriel and Naomi (the only girl!) were the two to watch though. They apparently hit it off and had quite the time talking, smiling, and holding hands!

He's such a ladies man!

"Look Momma, a pretty girl!"
Only a good friend would let you snack on their tutu!


3 comments:

  1. Haha, that's awesome! Naomi has been going through the same growth spurt. It seems like I just put her in 3-6 month clothes, but I don' t think she'll wear them too much longer!

    And, of course, I love the reunion pictures! We should get together for coffee again soon! Or maybe fabric shopping? What's your schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's soooooo adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now put all this in a scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete